POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 gamma - status : Re: POV-Ray 3.7 gamma - status Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:41:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7 gamma - status
From: clipka
Date: 15 Sep 2009 17:14:32
Message: <4ab003b8@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>   I think the keyword is a bit confusing because it doesn't make clear
> whether it affects input files or output files. Could perhaps a more
> unambiguous keyword be chosen, something like "input_gamma"?

I think that would be even more ambiguous, as it might be taken to
include color values as well.

It also allows for using the same keyword both for individual files as
well as the fallback setting.

But I'm thining about moving it to the "default" section instead anyway.
Aside from appearing to be more fitting there, I guess that would also
reduce the risk of people expecting it to affect the output file.