POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Searching for old scene (watch, book, time & space allegory) : Re: Searching for old scene (watch, book, time & space allegory) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching for old scene (watch, book, time & space allegory)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 15 Sep 2009 14:01:08
Message: <4aafd664$1@news.povray.org>

> katanga wrote:
>> I remember playing around with a pov scene several years ago (it might
>>  have been included in a Unix source distribution). The scene included
>> a watch, a ruler, an open math book... it was a sort of time and space
>> allegory. I searched the web but couldn't find it. I would be grateful
>> if anyone could provide me with a pointer to the source file. Thank
>> you.
>
> For the life of me I can't remember the name of that scene or who made
> it, but I was able to at least find the image.  Maybe somebody else here
>  can fill in the other details.
>
> http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall98/cs426/assignments/ray/watch.jpg

On that site it says it was an image taken from the POV-Ray site, and I
also seem to remember this image... I think it was displayed on the old Hall
of Fame, but I don't know for sure. I don't think it was included with any
version of POV-Ray, but perhaps it was included on some book from that time...

--
Jaime