POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Insight? : Re: Insight? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Insight?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Sep 2009 03:04:14
Message: <4aaf3c6e$1@news.povray.org>

>> In this case, I suspect it's simply supply and demand. Fewer people buy
>> Basic, so it's more expensive.
>
>   Wouldn't it be the other way around? If there's no demand, the price gets
> lowered.

Mmm, that's an interesting point.

Does the price go down because there's less demand? Or does the price go
up because it costs more to manufacture and stock an item that not many
people buy?

If we were talking about, say, a car, the price would probably go up if
the car was unpopular, because it costs a hell of a lot to design and
build those things. But software? Hmm...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/