POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Insight? : Re: Insight? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Insight?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Sep 2009 17:16:27
Message: <4aaeb2ab$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Not for this machine, no. Just installed software. No real data, but it
> would be a minor inconvenience to have to reinstall windows.

Well, that's a good time to screw things up. :-)

> Yeah, who would have thought some utility for a keyboard/mouse would
> kill a machine ;)

It didn't. It just killed all your interfaces to it.

You could also try to RDP into it and uninstall the driver.

> What would be nice is if I could go back to a restore point w/o loading
> the offending driver.

If you *have* a restore point, you can do that from the boot CD on Vista.
Give that a try first, even.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)