POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid error : Re: Stupid error Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid error
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Sep 2009 17:13:55
Message: <4aaeb213$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:
>> I suspect there's also a component of DRM security in there, since it's
>> using Plays4Sure
>
> Kind of an ironic name, no?

The original intention was to license it so it could be ported anywhere, I
believe. I.e., it's the first DRM where the maker thought they had the clout
to get universal adoption. It *is* pretty widespread. I.e., you don't have
to wonder if it has the right kind of DRM for your platform.

Now, the irony is they dropped support for it in their own products. ;-)

> Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.  If I am wrong, then I haven't a clue
> what that would do for the irony, and I'd be in no position to figure it out!

I think you're right there.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)