POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 : Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 Server Time
5 Oct 2024 02:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7
From: clipka
Date: 14 Sep 2009 14:30:17
Message: <4aae8bb9$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez schrieb:

>> Hey, get real: You need to press the "shift" key for quite a host of
>> things, I guess. As a German, for instance, I need to press "shift" to
>> get a multiplication asterisk, dividing slash, opening or closing
>> parentheses, quotes etc,
>
> And for all nouns too, right? :)

Which makes me think - isn't it remarkable that the most common word in
the English language that is capitalized happens to be a particularly
egoistic one?

In the German language, on the other hand, it happens to be the
respectful variant of the 2nd person pronouns that stand out capitalized
over all their kin ;-)