POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Insight? : Re: Insight? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Insight?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Sep 2009 13:34:18
Message: <4aae7e9a$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Aside from wiping the hard drive and reinstalling, is there anything I
> can do to recover?

Three things to try:
1) Plug in a USB and/or PS-2 keyboard. Also, make sure "legacy USB" is
turned on in the BIOS - that apparently means "recognise USB keyboards and
map them to something the boot sequence understands without drivers".

2) Boot the install CD and see if the command line will let you turn off the
service that's blocking you or whatever it is.

3) Restore from backups. You *do* have backups, don't you, silly boy? :-)

I usually take an image backup before I do anything that might keep me from
booting the machine. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)