POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft is still at it : Re: Microsoft is still at it Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft is still at it
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Sep 2009 10:25:31
Message: <4aae525b@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Do they /really/ feel that threatened by Linux?
>
> Granted, I use and like Windows... But, this presentation borders on
> absurd...

Does it?

I mean, think about this. How often do you watch TV and see adverts spit
out completely unsubstantiated claims like "the UK's number one haircare
product" or "significantly outperforms competing brands"? Most people
don't pay the slightest bit of attention to this shallow marketing drivel.

Granted, most TV advertisers don't teach Best Buy to scare customers off
of competing brands... that *is* a little bit suspect. But how many
Renault dealerships will tell you that BWM cars are unreliable?