POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid error : Re: Stupid error Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid error
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Sep 2009 00:59:25
Message: <4aadcdad$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> How stupid is that?!

I can understand how that happened, but you'd think there would be a better
way to handle it, like being able to start the service when you start up the
player, but then that too requires administrative privileges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Video_on_Demand#Criticism

So it looks like "don't run on startup" really means "act like it isn't
installed, but without uninstalling it."  So why not just turn the thing
back on? Or does it require you to actually reboot and/or log out and back
in to start it up? That's just dumb.

I suspect there's also a component of DRM security in there, since it's
using Plays4Sure and there are a bunch of rules you have to follow to
incorporate that in your own programs.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)