POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 8 Years : Re: 8 Years Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 8 Years
From: Warp
Date: 13 Sep 2009 09:32:01
Message: <4aacf450@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Our newspapers are still allowed to criticise prophets and religions which
> some did indeed after the dannish affair...

  Then it's better than here. While technically newspapers are allowed to,
for example, make caricatures and satires of anybody (including any prophets
or head figures of any religion), in practice it's a no-no when we are
talking about islam. After the Dannish controversy some Finnish newspapers
did re-publish the caricatures in question, and the Finnish government went
ahead and reproached these newspapers publicly. Maybe I'm being a cynic,
but I'm pretty sure that it was because the Finnish government was afraid
of islamic retribution.

--
                                                          - Warp