POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 : Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 Server Time
5 Oct 2024 10:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7
From: Ive
Date: 13 Sep 2009 05:35:15
Message: <4aacbcd3$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Ive, do you happen to know anything about IFF?
>
> (Maybe "not worth bothering about because it is definitely long obsolete
> by now"?)

Besides some sweet memories, an Amigo 500 was the fist machine I did use
POV-Ray with, I do also remember that I have a format specification
somewhere but as this might even be on some old 3.5" disk chances are
not very good that I will ever find it again.
But I do remember that the IFF/ILBM format was tailored to tightly fit
the Amiga hardware so I would be surprised if there was anything else
used as the actual system gamma of an Amiga. But I do not remember what
this might have been.
But while thinking about it, as the format was later even used on Atari
and Mac systems I might even be mistaken in this respect.

-Ive