POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft is still at it : Re: Microsoft is still at it Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft is still at it
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Sep 2009 01:14:36
Message: <4aac7fbc$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> use patterns of 14 millions users... and somehow got something completely
> different and awkward for someone used to the old way...

Yet everything I've heard, people like it much better after actually using
it for a day.

My favorite quote was when the lead designer of the new interface was
showing it to his wife, and she complained "Why is <whatever> under the view
tab? That makes no sense." And he answered "Because that's where 97.3% of
everyone looks for it first." :-)

> That's why I prefer vi and emacs:  solid, well-grounded 30+ years interface
> design... ;)

Yup. I haven't had to retrain my fingers for vi in forever. :-) I used emacs
for a couple years when I was using a language that had much better
indenting support under emacs than under vi, and I never did learn to like
it. But to each his own, of course.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)