POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 8 Years : Re: 8 Years Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 8 Years
From: Warp
Date: 12 Sep 2009 07:10:43
Message: <4aab81b3@news.povray.org>
> Just to remind that 8 years ago, part of the world as we knew it back
> then, collapsed, both literally and otherwise.

  You know what's the really sad thing about that event? That the ultimate
purpose of the act succeeded perfectly: In other words, to scare the shit
out of the western world. That's the purpose of terrorism (ie. to cause
fear), and it's the thing which should always be avoided at all costs. If
we allow terrorist acts to cause fear, the terrorists win, we lose.

  Especially Europe has become a spineless coward which shits its pants on
the slightest of threats, who apologizes for every tiny event which might
offend the people who the terrorists claim they are fighting for, who is
completely ready to compromise its own freedom solely because it's so scared
of terrorist retribution. Rather than stand against this threat against
freedom and human rights, Europe chooses to submit to the fear. It's like
the battered wife syndrome on a multinational level.

--
                                                          - Warp