POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : TIF support broken? : Re: TIF support broken? Server Time
8 Jun 2024 12:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TIF support broken?
From: Ive
Date: 12 Sep 2009 04:00:46
Message: <4aab552e$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> What I do disagree with is the "changing from libtiff 3.6.1 to libtiff
> 3.8.2 makes things even worse" that your postings appeared to imply.

Sorry, it was not meant this way. Of course it is a good idea to change
to a more resent libtif version and I appreciate the work you put into it.
My point was that between 3.6 and 3.8 the libtif developers changed
libtif's interpretation of one tag regarding the handling of alpha
channels. This change was made for better compatibility to tif-files as
e.g. written by Adobe software but did at the same time break the
correct handling for other files, including the ones written by older
versions of libtif itself. So it is not a *fix* but a paradigm change.

-Ive