POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Granite with limits? : Re: Granite with limits? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite with limits?
From: Chris B
Date: 12 Sep 2009 03:00:15
Message: <4aab46ff$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> I would like the black hole warps to create something out of nothing. I.e.
> the basic pigment would be black everywhere except where the black hole
> warps are. I tried to do this with a planar pattern, but it required that
> a thin strip of white appear in the middle.

I don't think that any of the warps can create something out of nothing,
they really just push and pull pigment around in 3D space or wrap pigments
around on themselves. There's no sort of hyperspace, or 4th dimension that
they can pull color from if they're not present to start with.

> I plan on using the pigment as a density map to create clouds, so I
> don't think this method would work correctly.

You may be right. I haven't done that sort of thing. It might be worth
starting a new thread mentioning interior or media in the title in case
those versed in the dark arts of density maps are no longer following this
thread :o)

Regards,
Chris B