POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 : Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 Server Time
6 Jul 2024 04:51:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7
From: Warp
Date: 11 Sep 2009 17:02:54
Message: <4aaabafe@news.povray.org>
> Maybe we can even go so far as to allow HTML colors in SDL code? Those
> would automatically be subject to gamma correction.

  If a color is expected but a string is found instead, then that string
could be interpreted as a color definition in HTML (or other similar)
syntax.

  In other words, where you would normally write eg:

    rgb <.5, .75, 1>

you can write instead:

    "#7FBFFF"

  As for a special shortcut syntax to gamma-precorrect regular color
definitions, I don't have many good ideas. Perhaps @ as a prefix could
work.

--
                                                          - Warp