POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : TIF support broken? : Re: TIF support broken? Server Time
13 May 2024 21:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TIF support broken?
From: clipka
Date: 10 Sep 2009 06:12:26
Message: <4aa8d10a$1@news.povray.org>
Ive schrieb:
> It seems POV-Ray does not even support the 'most basic' TIF-files.

Well, it does /support/ them in the sense that you can use them. Whether
it supports them /well/ is a perfectly different thing.

> [... lots of chode change suggestions...]

You mind adding one (or separate) tasks into the bugtracking system for
this (http://bugs.povray.org/), so these might be followed-up as time
permits?

>> Anyway, I got the libtiff 3.8.2 running with POV-Ray 3.7 now, and will
>> submit the changes to the repository any minute.
>
> The latest libtif release is 3.9.1 and fixes numerous bugs (including
> some fixes provided by me ;) compared to 3.8.2.

That may well be, but 3.8.2 is the one working successfully in POV-Ray
3.6.2 for Windows, so I figured it would be easiest to get it to compile
with 3.7 as well :-)

You're welcome of course to go for integrating 3.9.1 into POV-Ray,
including Visual Studio 8 and 9 projects and all...