POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cause and Effect again : Re: Cause and Effect again Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cause and Effect again
From: Warp
Date: 9 Sep 2009 17:28:09
Message: <4aa81de9@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> In other words, while the researchers think that experiencing guilt
> >> teaches kids to behave, I think kids who behave are more likely to feel
> >> guilt.
> >
> >   I think the latin for that is "cum hoc ergo propter hoc".
> >

> Close but "Post hoc ergo propter hoc" ;-)

  "Post hoc ergo propter hoc" means "since that event followed this one,
that event must have been caused by this one".

  "Cum hoc ergo propter hoc" means that correlation between two variables
does not automatically imply that one causes the other.

  In this particular case I think the latter fits better.

--
                                                          - Warp