POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : TIF support broken? : Re: TIF support broken? Server Time
13 May 2024 19:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TIF support broken?
From: clipka
Date: 9 Sep 2009 15:18:57
Message: <4aa7ffa1$1@news.povray.org>
clipka schrieb:
>>> It appears to me that TIFF file input is broken, leading to a
>>> transparent texture when used in an image_map; can someone confirm?
>>
>> I should have mentioned that this is about 3.7 (beta.34 to be exact).
>
> Apparently, the behavior is different for compressed and uncompressed
> files.

... and POV-Ray 3.6.2 renders both properly; I presume that this is an
issue in the TIFF library: In the POV-Ray 3.6.2 branch, it has been
updated to libtiff 3.8.2, while POV-Ray 3.7 still uses libtiff 3.6.1.

I tried to "transplant" the libtiff 3.8.2 from POV 3.6.2 over to the
POV-Ray 3.7 project, but with not much success yet.