POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : motion blur in 3.7? : Re: motion blur in 3.7? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:00:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: motion blur in 3.7?
From: Warp
Date: 8 Sep 2009 15:32:13
Message: <4aa6b13d@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really know if it needs to be included in POV-Ray, though.
> Rigging up an animation, and averaging the frames isn't that tough to
> do, and you'd still need to rig the animation to do it properly anyway.
> So, it just takes the step of averaging the images out.

> Unless, of course, I'm seriously missing something here.

  With internal support the rendertime can be considerably faster because
only the moving parts are rendered many times, not the whole image. With
the averaging-frames trick you'll have to render the entire image for each
frame, and additionally you need some software to post-process the result.

--
                                                          - Warp