POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 : Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:34:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62
From: clipka
Date: 8 Sep 2009 14:50:15
Message: <4aa6a767$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez schrieb:
>>> I have an LCD monitor, and the checkerboard looked *green*. Quite
>>> strange.
>> Do you use an analog or digital connection?
>
> Analog, unfortunately. My graphics card has a DVI connector but my monitor
> doesn't.

In that case your display quality may suffer from the A/D-D/A conversion
between your graphics card and display, as well as parasitic inductance
and/or capacitance of the analog connection; if that differs for the
color channels, or if the channels are not sampled synchronously, color
shift may occur at sharp dark-to-bright or bright-to-dark transitions.