POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Today's Random Advice: Mesh Scale : Re: Today's Random Advice: Mesh Scale Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's Random Advice: Mesh Scale
From: clipka
Date: 8 Sep 2009 11:29:20
Message: <4aa67850$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot schrieb:
> That problem is probably why Poseray scales Poser figures up by (default)
> 100.

Well, actually I don't care anymore: /My/ version of POV-Ray now no
longer exhibits this type of artifacts at /any/ scale :-D

(At too small scale, meshes may still fail to self-shadow, but then that
happens to the whole mesh, not just portions near edges.)

So far I have not seen any negative effects of my patch (tested on
roundabout 150 scenes). Individual scenes do show differences at very
close inspection, but those scenes happen to exhibit differences between
3.6 and 3.7 anyway, and the patch actually seems to get the results back
closer to the 3.6 results.