POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Highlights Syntax : Re: Highlights Syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Highlights Syntax
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 7 Sep 2009 19:59:03
Message: <4aa59e47$1@news.povray.org>
Robert McGregor wrote:

> Okay, I understand that. Although I often combine phong and specular in the same
> finish block to get a wide, soft, general hightlight and a sharp specular
> highlight it's no big deal to layer them instead.

But still sounds like we have a valid use case for using two highlight
models simultaneously, namely to approximate a third unsupported one. Of
course, that would no longer be necessary if the new syntax would some
day allow to specify a custom highlight model (as a function?), after
which the old keywords could be phased out.