POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Great video about open-mindedness : Re: Great video about open-mindedness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great video about open-mindedness
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Sep 2009 16:30:47
Message: <4aa56d77$1@news.povray.org>
As I said. Been covered before. This is the people that are trying to be
"nice" about it:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007/04/nisbet_and_mooney_in_the_wapo.php

But, given that I haven't necessarily seen some of the videos you are
whining about:

http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta_christinas_weblog/2009/09/atheism-and-patience.html

There is nice, there is aggressive, but clear, and there is "impatient
and rude". I will admit that the later I don't necessarily find
productive when talking "to" believers, but if you are one, such content
is no more for you than if you where a right wing, anti-abortionist,
homophobe, at a lesbian, pro-choice, liberal, comedy club. But, maybe if
you where, realizing that a **lot** more than a few disagree with you
might, in some cases, make you think, instead of just running to the
nearest priest to tell you how it will all be better tomorrow. You are
assuming the audience is either a) who you think, or b) who they should
have been aiming at, given the content.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {