POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray and LED Luminaries : Re: POV-Ray and LED Luminaries Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:55:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray and LED Luminaries
From: Alain
Date: 7 Sep 2009 13:53:21
Message: <4aa54891$1@news.povray.org>

> Thanks Alain and Jaime for your quick and detailed response. One of the
> motivations for my question is the result posted in this URL:
>
> http://www.donzoptix.co.uk/POVZEMAX/CaliZMPV.html
>
> Kanak

OK
What was done there is to project the light on a plane, render that
plane, then use the resulting image as the source to create a hight_field.

Altough POV-Ray was not created to do such light propagation analysis,
it can be done in a few steps.
It's one of those cases when the possibilities of a tool FAR excede the
purpose for whitch it was created.

Alain