POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: scott
Date: 7 Sep 2009 11:10:31
Message: <4aa52267$1@news.povray.org>
> Not really. It's also the amount of available charge. If you get a 10 kV
> shock, but the supply had very few Coulombs in it, you'll barely feel it.

I was kind of assuming that the power station grid could spare the extra 100
mA or so needed to kill you :-)  But yes, if you find a 10 kV supply with
very limited current sourcing capability (like the ones used in small CCFLs
in old LCDs) it's difficult to kill yourself because of the very limited
current sourcing capability.