POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation? : Re: Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 00:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation?
From: Ive
Date: 7 Sep 2009 08:30:40
Message: <4aa4fcf0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Ah... yes...? I had not really/consciously thought of that... This means
> that picking a color from a RGB/HSL color chart in any paint application
> will show this problem?

Yes. Unless it does not explicit state that the working color space is a
linear one like e.g. scRGB (note the 'c'). You can use the histogram
window of IC and move the mouse across the viewing window to get the
color value of images in scRGB that could be used directly within
POV-Ray. Press CTRL + left mouse button to 'lock' any value. This makes
it easier when you move the mouse to the POV editor for writing the
value down ;)
Should I add the possibility to copy the color value directly to the
clipboard?

-Ive