POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation? : Re: Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation? Server Time
6 Jul 2024 05:02:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma tutorial for the 3.7 documentation?
From: Ive
Date: 7 Sep 2009 08:07:58
Message: <4aa4f79e@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Sven Littkovski's neat little "POV-Ray Color Picker" (2006; version 2.0) is
> a good example of such a picker. I use it quite a lot and I recommend it
> warmly. Built into POV-Ray would be a nice addition.

Are you aware that this tool (like most others) will not apply the
required inverse gamma correction and will result in the usual washed
out colors similar to jpeg image maps when used with 3.7 or
assumed_gamma 1.0 ?
And to mention it again: wrong gamma correction does not only give wrong
brightness intensities, it changes also the hue.

-Ive