POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: scott
Date: 7 Sep 2009 04:27:53
Message: <4aa4c409@news.povray.org>
> No, I mean the stuff that runs down your street and branches to every
> house.

Ah ok, yes that would need to be insulated!  I don't think we have cables
like that anywhere here (or if we do it's really uncommon), it's all
underground apart from the high voltage long distance stuff.  I remember
when I visited Japan they had crazy amounts of cable in the air, with
transformers at the top of poles etc, I'd never seen anything like it:

http://img1.photographersdirect.com/img/11943/wm/pd540134.jpg

I guess once you start putting power and telephone above-ground, things get
very messy very quickly in heavily populated areas.  Underground I suspect
you have the same, it's just hidden from sight!