POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: scott
Date: 7 Sep 2009 03:01:38
Message: <4aa4afd2$1@news.povray.org>
> But trees encroach on power lines all the time.  I can look out my window
> and see half a dozen...

You have one of these outside your window? o_O

http://www.idonohoe.com/biking/gallery/pylon.jpg

If you mean the low voltage cables on wooden poles that are much closer to
the ground, then maybe those ones are insulated (we don't have many of those
here, the cables mostly go underground once they come off the pylons)?  They
don't have to go long distances so the extra cost is probably justified by
the high risk of stuff hitting them.