POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Great video about open-mindedness : Re: Great video about open-mindedness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great video about open-mindedness
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Sep 2009 21:53:13
Message: <4aa46789$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> if 'being nice' is in any way fundamental to your belief,

I like the story about the Quaker wrestler in the time leading up to the
second world war. He runs across a group of youths talking about how they
should bomb the crap out of Germany, and he points out that violence never
changed anyone's mind.  The leader of the group is adamant, so he offers to
wrestle the leader.  After soundly trouncing the leader, the Quaker says
"See? *Now* do you believe force doesn't change anyone's mind?" The leader
says "No way."  The Quaker says "See?" and walks off.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)