POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Great video about open-mindedness : Re: Great video about open-mindedness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great video about open-mindedness
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Sep 2009 18:40:09
Message: <4aa43a49$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Now maybe you understand better the outspoken-ness of atheists in the USA.
>
>   I also understand why they are so prejudiced. They only see Christianity
> as professed in the USA, not as it is professed eg. in northern Europe,
> which is rather different. That's probably why I find most of their rants
> so provocative and irritating. (It's really refreshing to see level-headed,
> rational, non-aggressive and non-fanatic views on skepticism, like in the
> video in my original post in this thread. Sadly, this kind of video seems
> to be an extremely rare occurrence.)

Nut not at all surprising. When thousands of brainwashed people insist
that the guy who thought long and hard about an issue, and concluded it
was absurd, is mentally ill, because he didn't just "accept the truth",
never mind that not one of them did either, but had to be force fed it
for the first 10 years of their lives, before they started accepting it
as fact, the reaction to such over the top accusations of defects isn't
going to be, "Ah, well.. That's your opinion. Lets just go see a movie."

This is especially true if the same brainwashed legions are trying
everything they can to undermine everything from whether you are allowed
to hold office without being properly brainwashed, to what, if any,
movies get shown, because they might not conform to proper brainwashing
dogma. The problem is not of course so much religion as blind ideology
and a refusal to see the end negative results of following it. The UN
and, to some extent, some European countries, are making similar
mistakes in their willingness to either try to ban, or blindly accept,
certain things, which, ironically, we are all too aware tend to be the
first step in creating a closed door, delusional, and potentially
dangerous cult in the first place. I.e., forcing the people who believe
certain symbols out of the public eye, by banning the symbols, like
Germany has done with certain old WWII garbage. Some guy publishing a
book about UFOs is an annoyance, some guy **secretly** publishing tracts
on how unfair it was that the master race lost, is dangerous. By the
same token, someone secretly publishing total nonsense about space
aliens, and having the law back them while trying to hide it gets you..
Scientology, while some wacko talking about white power in public nets
them derision and entirely the *wrong* sort of interest, if you want
people to take you seriously, in large numbers.

The only major problem the US has is that it absolutely ***refuses*** to
treat faith, no matter which of the tens of thousands of version we are
talking about, the same way as some moron babbling about white power on
the street corner. Some of us are. We spent over 150 years losing by
being nice, while they used every form or rhetoric and hate speech they
could against us. Its our turn to present the truth in a way that is
sufficiently aggressive that people will notice, over top all the loud
mouth lunatics ***still*** yelling about how unfair the world is being
to their 90% of the population and 99% of all the political power,
because they, "wah! wah!", don't have 100% believers in the US and 100%
of the political power, so must, logically, be "persecuted".

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();