POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 82% crazy : Re: 82% crazy Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 82% crazy
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Sep 2009 15:38:42
Message: <4aa40fc2@news.povray.org>
>> Pitty the registration is so flat, eh? (And is it me, or is this thing
>> tuned weirdly?)
>
> Could be a limitation of the recording.

Apparently many historic organs are tuned flatter than modern ones.

>> Also love the key the video and sound are out of sync...
>
> I'm not sure how you can tell with a pipe organ, considering the pipes
> take a while to start sounding.

Depends which stops. The bass pipes in particular tend to be slow to
speak, as do low diapasons. But reed pipes tend to speak very promptly.

Look closer: I think the sound *preceeds* the keys, rather than lagging
it. Which, obviously, is physically impossible...

> But HD youtube video is always out of
> sync with the sound. Perhaps they're converting the sound at 29.97fps
> and the video at 30fps, which might also explain why it sounds flat.

Maybe.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/