POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 82% crazy : Re: 82% crazy Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 82% crazy
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Sep 2009 13:16:00
Message: <4aa3ee50$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Check out those keys. They're guilt-edged. Who makes guilt-edged keys?!

Anyone trying to spend lots of money on something as a business expense, or
trying to "hide" money from others. Of course, we don't tax churches in the
USA, so I'm just being cynical maybe.

> And check out the rest of the organ too... looks pretty amazing, eh? And
> the guy himself; he looks like a funderal director.

I think I saw that guy perform in the USA once. He talks like that too. (I
was sitting pretty far back, so I might be misrecognising him.)

> Pitty the registration is so flat, eh? (And is it me, or is this thing
> tuned weirdly?)

Could be a limitation of the recording.

> Also love the key the video and sound are out of sync...

I'm not sure how you can tell with a pipe organ, considering the pipes take
a while to start sounding.  But HD youtube video is always out of sync with
the sound. Perhaps they're converting the sound at 29.97fps and the video at
30fps, which might also explain why it sounds flat.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)