POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sunpos.inc : Re: sunpos.inc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunpos.inc
From: Alain
Date: 6 Sep 2009 13:09:11
Message: <4aa3ecb7$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD a écrit :
> I have some other lighting questions as well.
>
> 1. Does CIE_Skylight.inc in LightsysIV use media to create the sky
> color, or does it simply create a sky_sphere pigment?
> 2. Does it create a sun as well as a sky? Is the sun an object, or is it
> just a brighter spot in the sky?
> 2.Right now I am using the looks_like statement, to create a sun object
> and light source. Unfortunately, the distances are so great that the sun
> object is culled from the scene. Is there a way to place the object
> nearer to the camera while still having the light source very far away?
> I'm guessing that this would normally create problems such as shadows.
> How do I get around them?
>
> -Mike
If the light_source with it's looks_like objects is to far away, you can
place it closer while making it proportionaly smaller.

So, if you place it 1000 times closer, make it 1000 times smaller. This
will preserve it's perceived dimention.

Also, use the "parallel" attribute for the light_source, with "point_at
0" to orient it toward the center of your scene. This simulate a
light_source cituated at "infinity".

It's always a good idea to create your scene around the origin.

Alain