POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sunpos.inc : Re: sunpos.inc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunpos.inc
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 6 Sep 2009 03:51:59
Message: <4aa36a1f@news.povray.org>
SharkD escribió:
> I have some other lighting questions as well.
>
> 1. Does CIE_Skylight.inc in LightsysIV use media to create the sky
> color, or does it simply create a sky_sphere pigment?

   It is a mesh dome, where triangles are colored according to complex
calculations. Read the readme_skylight.txt file: it's all explained there by
the author, Philippe Debar.

> 2. Does it create a sun as well as a sky? Is the sun an object, or is it
> just a brighter spot in the sky?

   No object, is just a spot in the dome mesh. AFAIK, this spot doesn't
models the sun, but the brightness of the sky at that point. I usually put a
light_source at the SolarPosition returned by the include.

> 2.Right now I am using the looks_like statement, to create a sun object
> and light source. Unfortunately, the distances are so great that the sun
> object is culled from the scene. Is there a way to place the object
> nearer to the camera while still having the light source very far away?
> I'm guessing that this would normally create problems such as shadows.
> How do I get around them?

   Just take out the object from the looks_like and place it where you want,
adding no_shadow to it.

--
Jaime