POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... : Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 5 Sep 2009 19:13:12
Message: <4aa2f088$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>> The shining example was "This tax is not a tax..."
>> which sounds outrageous, but the line reads more like "This tax is not a
>> tax for the purposes of determining, via total taxes paid, how much
>> something costs."
>>
>> Debate would be lovely, but the video isn't debate. It is funny though.
>
> You can't debate fools, all they do is drag you down to their level.
> And, their level is to never read the actual document, but instead read
> one of dozens of *reposted* copies of a list of supposed "problems"
> published by some moron on the Liberty University website. For those
> that don't know, this is a super-right wing, Biblical literalist, so
> called college, which recently tried to have its "Bible Science" courses
> accredited by other colleges as valid for the use as entry requirements
> for more advanced classes, like molecular biology and physics. They are
> serious nutcases.

Ack, please don't mention LU. It is just a short drive down the road,
and I don't want them to know a real subversive internet user is in the
area.

That joint and the hatred they used to broadcast on TV every Saturday
and Sunday mornings was the reason for more people leaving their faith
than many I have known. Unfortunately, it was also the reason for more
hate being passed around by those that found the warm glow of a TV to be
a soothing way to spend a morning.

> Among their other gems have been the suggestion that the government or
> doctors could "withdraw" funds from your bank account via automatic
> payment, when the actual section refers to streamlining the process of
> doctors *paying* to and from insurance companies, instead of having to
> send them paper checks, or other less efficient stuff.

"On noes, the HMO wants to take moneys out of my accounts with a balance
transfer. I should pay them in pennies just to teach them that no one
pays with . . .

What? You mean it is the same as paying with an electronic check?

The intarwebs is teh devil! Tell our government 'No Electronic Checks'!"