POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sunpos.inc : Re: sunpos.inc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunpos.inc
From: SharkD
Date: 5 Sep 2009 18:28:19
Message: <4aa2e603$1@news.povray.org>
I have some other lighting questions as well.

1. Does CIE_Skylight.inc in LightsysIV use media to create the sky
color, or does it simply create a sky_sphere pigment?
2. Does it create a sun as well as a sky? Is the sun an object, or is it
just a brighter spot in the sky?
2.Right now I am using the looks_like statement, to create a sun object
and light source. Unfortunately, the distances are so great that the sun
object is culled from the scene. Is there a way to place the object
nearer to the camera while still having the light source very far away?
I'm guessing that this would normally create problems such as shadows.
How do I get around them?

-Mike