POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object "center of mass" macro : Re: Object "center of mass" macro Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object "center of mass" macro
From: CShake
Date: 5 Sep 2009 00:18:04
Message: <4aa1e67c$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> Could you add it to the Object Collection please? It might be useful for
> people in the future.
>
> -Mike

I plan on putting the completed collection, but wanted some feedback to
see if it worked well enough before adding it. I think everything except
for the function name itself complies with the collection requirements.

I figure that most people don't have a use for center of mass right now,
except possibly trying to get an object to rotate around the center, but
by changing the output variable on this macro I can see the 'total
volume' being useful to some.

My next macro will be finding the moment of inertia of an object, so I
will probably package these together since they're similar and upload it
as the first group.

If anyone wants to look at the actual math here for any obvious things
I've missed I'd appreciate it too.

Chris