POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Great video about open-mindedness : Re: Great video about open-mindedness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great video about open-mindedness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Sep 2009 14:31:18
Message: <4aa15cf6$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:20:25 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Oh, no, but praying for a president's death is different than making a
>> threat against the president.  That's what I was trying to say.
>
> Why, because the hit-man is imaginary?
>
> Do you think if I got up on national TV and started talking about how
> I'd summon Satan's demons to attack the president, I'd still be on TV a
> week later?

I think the national TV networks would distance themselves from you, but
would you be prosecuted?  I honestly don't know.

>> True, though even those not in the mainstream (FLDS comes to mind) they
>> tend to hold off on prosecuting as long as possible.
>
> FLDS? You mean the mormons? That's pretty mainstream.

No, FLDS is the Fundamentalist branch of the LDS church.  Not mainstream
at all.  They've been disowned by the LDS church, left Utah for Texas,
and their leader is being prosecuted for child abuse.  They also still
practice polygamy IIRC.

Jim