POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 4 Sep 2009 12:16:45
Message: <4aa13d6d$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/04/09 10:58, Warp wrote:
>    What I dislike about the movie is that it's a very good story and it makes
> a lot of sense, up until that craziness at the end. What I dislike about it
> is that the craziness at the end has *no* meaning at all. It's not like the
> writers came up with some kind of deep message and a highly abstract way of
> expressing it, letting it to the viewer to figure out what the message is.
> No, it was purely random, with no message, no logic, nothing. The only
> purpose of the ending was to screw up with the mind of the viewers, hoping
> to put them in a wild goose chase trying to decipher a message and meaning
> which simply isn't there.
>
>    It's a kind of anticlimax.

	Well, it's all about expectations. In a sense, it "makes sense" that it
doesn't make sense. Not everything in the universe was designed to be
intelligible to humans.

	I suppose I could sympathize, though. I feel that way about many movies
(Robert Rodriguez, some of Tarantino's work, most of the Coen brothers'
movies). Not from the unintelligible aspect, but from the "let's throw
in some randomness/weird stuff and everyone will think it's cool/deep"
sense.

--
People who don't eat yogurt are uncultured.