POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Sep 2009 12:13:06
Message: <4aa13c92$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   What I dislike about the movie is that it's a very good story and it makes
> a lot of sense, up until that craziness at the end. What I dislike about it
> is that the craziness at the end has *no* meaning at all.

Possibly true. I believe the book may have retconned a meaning into it, and
the sequels definitely are based on the ending of the movie/book. But the
story in the *movie* was definitely secondary to the special effects.

>   It's a kind of anticlimax.

It did end poorly. Indeed, it probably would have been more satisfying to
just end it with "My god, it's full of stars", and cut out the bits after
the pyrotechnics reflected in the helmet entirely.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)