POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Great video about open-mindedness : Re: Great video about open-mindedness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Great video about open-mindedness
From: Warp
Date: 4 Sep 2009 11:38:50
Message: <4aa1348a@news.povray.org>
> True. On the other hand, folks have been down that slippery slope already,
> so it's not obvious it's really a fallacy in this case. Indeed, in the USA,
> people are galloping down that slope.  (A number of high-profile religious
> leaders are publicly praying for the death of the president right now, for
> example.)

  I also think (although I have nothing to back my opinion up) that the
idea that getting rid of all religion will fix these problems is incorrect.
I don't think religion causes stupidity. I think stupid people will use
religion as an excuse to exercise their stupidity because it's one of the
most convenient (and protected) ways to do it.

  Getting rid of all religions at most removes that excuse, but stupid
people will then just find other excuses.

--
                                                          - Warp