POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And you thought COBOL was readable? : Re: And you thought COBOL was readable? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And you thought COBOL was readable?
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Sep 2009 21:51:01
Message: <4aa07285$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>> Poems that actually compile and run in Inform7...
>>
>> http://nbhorvath.blogspot.com/2006/12/inform-7-code-poem-challenge.html
>
> amazing.  Some years ago it was Perl, but this reads much better... :)

It's cool. It's actually using the game's parser to compile the "english"
into something called Inform6, which is much like TADS, i.e., an
OO/procedural syntax-heavy (relatively) language for adventure games. Which
I thought was beyond awesome.  You can actually read all the rules for the
stuff it understands, like north is opposite of south and lit objects in
transparent containers shed light into the room.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)