POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : German naming rules : German naming rules Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  German naming rules
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Sep 2009 18:45:53
Message: <4aa04721$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/6128905/Germany-angered-over-legal-ruling-to-allow-Islamist-to-name-son-Jihad.html

Can any germans here explain why the government would give a crap about what
the kid is named?

I've seen articles about sweedish authorities rejecting kids being named
completely with punctuation, or 100-digit numbers, or something like that,
which makes sense if you grant that it has to work in computers nowadays.
But censoring a name like "Woodstock" or "Peppermint"? Censoring
non-gender-specific names?

And would Moonunit Zappa have to change her name to be a german citizen?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)