POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Sep 2009 12:09:27
Message: <4a9fea37@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Well, maybe not now, but when I was in college, PS101 was colloquially
> referred to as "Bonehead Chemistry". ;-)

Yes. It should be noted (for those outside the USA's idioms) that many 101
courses were targeted at people who were not planning to take another course
in the subject. A literature major might take Computers 101, while a
computer science major might take Sociology 101.

Hence, if someone says "Geez, you should know that, that's 100-level stuff"
that's why.  (Note that "100-level" means all the 101, 102, etc courses.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)