POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane : Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Sep 2009 11:46:48
Message: <4a9fe4e8$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Any examples where people were successfully prosecuted for doing stuff
> with publically available works and making money from it?

Oh, actually, yeah. Bands performing music in public. Bars broadcasting
radio. Even music-on-hold taken off the radio. All kinds of stuff like that.

And the Sony v Betamax suit wasn't won on the grounds that the content was
broadcast over the air, but that it was fair use. If you started
distributing those tapes, you'd be in trouble.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)