POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 3 Sep 2009 10:30:44
Message: <4a9fd314$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> I don't know about that, but I *do* know that there's a particular
> petrol station I sometimes go to, situated under a ****ing huge set of
> pylons. As soon as you get out of the car, all you can hear is an
> unearthly crackling sound... I can't describe it, but it's really
> quite... worrying.

Haha... There's a park near where I live that was basically turned into
a park to make use of land that would otherwise be unusable due to the
power lines. 2 sets, one (I'm guessing, here) a 100kV and the other at
least 250kV (I can only tell one caries a lot more power, one has twin
lines for each phase)

Standing under the twin-line set is creepy as hell. They crackle and
buzz quite audibly. The other lines, are very quiet, they don't make a
sound.

--
~Mike