POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 : Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 00:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same scene renders different in v3.7beta34 versus v3.62
From: clipka
Date: 3 Sep 2009 09:53:09
Message: <4a9fca45$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>   I have demonstrated this phenomenon here:
>
> http://warp.povusers.org/povray_gamma_issue/index.html

Which perfectly supports my claim that you should set Display_Gamma and
File_Gamma according to their technical purpose, not according to your
artistic taste. Note that with File_Gamma=2.2, all is well with the
world. On a different system (e.g. Mac), the value where all three look
the same is likely to be different (and may even require different
settings for File_Gamma and Display_Gamma, in case the viewing software
happens to expect TIF files to be pre-corrected for a PC-typical display
gamma).