POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Sep 2009 05:18:50
Message: <4a9f89fa@news.povray.org>
>> I mean, seriously. Any moron can write a bunch of gibberish that doesn't
>> make sense. But where's the entertainment in that?!
>
>   I don't think everybody can write scripts of that quality. It requires
> expertise and talent.

It takes expertise and talent to write scripts which *make sense* and
are *interesting*. The X-Files lacks both of these qualities in spades.

[OK, you can argue about whether or not something is "interesting". But
whether something makes sense or not is pretty objective. It's hard to
find something interesting when it's unintelligable gibberish.]

>   And some people like fiction for entertainment. If you don't like it,
> that doesn't mean nobody else souldn't like it either.

Sure, fair enough. I'm just puzzled as to why such a low-quality show
was so absurdly popular.